How to change a empty water neon on a tumble dryer
- How to change a empty water neon on a tumble dryer
- Safety first remove plug from mains socket
- Tools required are a phillips screwdriver
- Using the phillips screwdriver remove 2 retaining screws to remove the lid.
- From the front give the lid a firm push backwards
- Now remove the lid
- Grip firmly and remove the timer control knob
- Remove water container
- Remove 2 screws attaching the console to the water container housing.
- Remove the top screw holding the console
- Remove a further top screw holding the console
- Detach the console from the main carcase
- Remove empty water neon from console
- Make a note of the wires (a photograph is useful) and remove them
- Remove the neon from its package ensuring its correct for the appliance
- Fit the wires to the new neon
- Fit the empty water neon to the console
- Refit the console to main carcase
- Refit screws to top of console
- Refit further screws to top of console
- Refit screws to water container housing
- Refit water container
- Refit timer knob
- Refit the lid
- Give the lid a firm push forwards until it clicks into place.
- Replace the 2 lid retaining screws
See full range of tumble dryer and spin dryer parts here
Disclaimer: The information provided has been prepared as a guide only and the steps taken are likely to vary for different appliance models. We strongly recommend using a qualified engineer to undertake major repairs and fault finding.