How to change a thermostat on a tumble dryer
- How to change a thermostat on a tumble dryer
- Safety first remove plug from the mains socket
- Tools required are a phillips screwdriver
- Using the phillips screwdriver remove 2 retaining screws to remove the lid.
- From the front give the lid a firm push backwards
- Now remove the lid
- Remove water container
- Remove 2 screws attaching the console to the water container housing.
- Remove 3 screws holding the front casing to the side strap
- Remove 5 screws attaching the outer casing to the air duct
- Separate the outer casing from the air duct
- Looking from the top locate the thermostat attached to the air duct
- Using the phillips screwdriver remove 2 screws retaining the thermostat
- Make a note of the wires (a photograph is useful) and remove them
- Wires removed
- Take the new thermostat from its package ensuring its correct for the appliance
- Fit the wires to the new thermostat
- Using the phillips screwdriver replace 2 screws retaining the thermostat
- Make sure the door seal is fitted to the outer casing
- With the door seal in place locate the outer casing and seal into the air duct
- Secure the outer casing to the air duct with 5 screw
- Replace 3 screws holding the front casing to the side strap
- Replace 2 screws attaching the console to the water container housing
- Replace the water container
- Refit the lid
- Give the lid a firm push forwards until it clicks into place.
- Replace the 2 lid retaining screws
See the full range of Tumble Dryer parts and thermostats here
Disclaimer: The information provided has been prepared as a guide only and the steps taken are likely to vary for different appliance models. We strongly recommend using a qualified engineer to undertake major repairs and fault finding.