How to change a washing machine belt
- How to change a washing machine belt
- Unplug the appliance from the mains supply
- The tools required, Philips screwdriver PH2 and 13mm socket
- Remove the back, panel loosen and remove screws using the screw driver
- On some appliances there maybe locating lugs at the bottom, you will need to detach the back panel from these.
- Slacken off the motor bolts, rotate the drum pulley to assist removing the belt. (see video for guidance)
- With your new belt first locate it on the motor pulley at the bottom.
- Locate the belt onto the drum pulley and rotate clockwise to position (see video for guidance)
- Allow the weight of the washing machine motor to tension the belt.
- Relocate the back panel.
- Retighten the screws and your appliance is now ready for use
Disclaimer: The information provided has been prepared as a guide only and the steps taken are likely to vary for different appliance models. We strongly recommend using a qualified engineer to undertake major repairs and fault finding.