How to change a washing machine heating element
- How to change a washing machine heating element
- Remove the plug from the mains supply
- Tools required: PH2 Phillips screwdriver, flathead screwdriver,
- 10mm spanner and a small plastic mallet
- Using a philips headed screwdriver remove screws holding the back panel.
- Lift the back panel away from the locating lugs and remove
- Make a note of electrical connections ( A photograph is useful }
- Remove electrical connections
- Using a ring spanner loosen the centre nut.
- Using a plastic mallet tap the centre nut to release the tension
- Using a flat headed screwdriver ease the rubber grommet away from the casing.
- Remove heater element from appliance.
- Take your new element ensuring its the correct one for your appliance
- Fit your new element,A small amount of sealant should be applied
- Tighten centre nut (Do not overtighten)
- Replace electrical wiring
- Relocate back panel into lugs
- Replace and tighten the retaining screws, your appliance is now ready for use.
See the full range of washing machine elements
Disclaimer: The information provided has been prepared as a guide only and the steps taken are likely to vary for different appliance models. We strongly recommend using a qualified engineer to undertake major repairs and fault finding.