How to change a washing machine motor
- How to change a washing machine motor
- Safety first remove plug from main socket
- Tools required Phillips screwdriver, 13mm spanner and a 13mm socket.
- Using the phillips screwdriver remove the screws from the back panel
- Lift and remove the back panel
- Release 2 bolts and remove the belt see video for guidence.
- Lay the machine onto its face protecting with a soft cloth
- Make a note of the wires (A photograph is useful) and remove wires.
- Through the back remove the terminal block and remove earth wires.
- Wires removed
- Through the bottom using the 13mm spanner remove the motor fixing nut.
- Through the back using a 13mm socket remove 2 fixing bolts and remove motor.
- Take the new motor from its package ensuring its correct for the appliance.
- Place the new motor into the location hole shown here.
- Through the back fit the 2 retaining bolts do not tighten.
- Through the bottom fit the nut fixing the motor
- Through the back fit the terminal block and earth wires
- Locate the belt onto the motor pulley and and refit belt.See video for guidence.
- With the weight of the motor on the belt tighten the 2 bolts.
- Lockate back panel into lugs.
- Using the phillips screwdriver reposition screws into back panel and tighten.
See full range of washing machine spares here
Disclaimer: The information provided has been prepared as a guide only and the steps taken are likely to vary for different appliance models. We strongly recommend using a qualified engineer to undertake major repairs and fault finding.