How to change a washing machine on/off switch
- How to change a washing machine on/off switch
- Safety first remove plug from mains supply
- Tools required Phillips screwdriver
- Using the phillips screwdriver remove 2 screws and remove top lid.
- Remove the on off knob by pulling it towards you.
- Switch with knob removed
- Locate the switch in possition
- Remove the switch by pulling it towards you.
- Take a note of the wires (A photograph is useful) and remove them.
- Take the new switch from its package ensuring its correct for the appliance.
- Replace the wires on the new switch
- Position the new switch and push it into its location.
- Push the knob back into its position.
- Replace top lid and using the phillips screwdriver replace 2 retaining screws.
See full range of washing machine spares here
Disclaimer: The information provided has been prepared as a guide only and the steps taken are likely to vary for different appliance models. We strongly recommend using a qualified engineer to undertake major repairs and fault finding.