How to change a washing machine pressure switch
- How to change a washing machine pressure switch
- Safety first remove plug from mains socket
- Tools required Phillips screwdriver and a pair of pliers.
- Using the phillips screwdriver remove 2 screws and remove the top lid.
- Pressure switch will be found at the top of the appliance.
- Using the phillips screwdriver remove 1 screw and remove pressure switch.
- Using the pliers release the pipe retaining clip and slide it down the pipe.
- Remove the pipe from the pressure switch
- Make a note of the wires (A photograph is useful) and remove wires
- Take the pressure switch from its package ensuring its correct for the appliance
- Replace wires in the correct position.
- Replace pipe on to the new pressure switch.
- Using the pliers refit pipe clip.
Disclaimer: The information provided has been prepared as a guide only and the steps taken are likely to vary for different appliance models. We strongly recommend using a qualified engineer to undertake major repairs and fault finding.