How to change heater element on a washing machine Ariston AIB16
- How to change heater element on a washing machine Ariston AIB16
- Safety first Remove the plug from the mains supply
- Tools required: PH2 Phillips screwdriver, flathead screwdriver,
- 8mm spanner and a small plastic mallet
- Using a phillips headed screwdriver remove screws holding the back panel.
- Make a note of the wires (A photograph is useful) and remove them
- Wires removed
- Using an 8mm spanner loosen but do not remove the centre nut.
- Using a plastic mallet tap the centre nut to release the tension
- Using a flat headed screwdriver ease the rubber grommet away from the casing.
- Remove heater element from appliance.
- Remove sensor from heater element
- Sensor removed
- Take the new element from its package ensuring its correct for the appliance
- Fit the sensor into the new heater element
- Fit your new element,A small amount of sealant should be applied
- Using the 8mm spanner tighten the centre nut (Do not over-tighten)
- Refit the wires
- Replace the back panel and tighten the retaining screws
See full range of washing machine parts and elements here
Disclaimer: The information provided has been prepared as a guide only and the steps taken are likely to vary for different appliance models. We strongly recommend using a qualified engineer to undertake major repairs and fault finding.