How to change the capacitor on a tumble dryer
- How to change the capacitor on a tumble dryer
- Safety first remove plug from mains socket
- Tools required are a phillips screwdriver
- Using the phillips screwdriver remove 2 retaining screws to remove the lid.
- From the front give the lid a firm push backwards
- Now remove the lid
- Remove the 4 retaining screws from the rear of side panel
- Remove the retaining screw from the top of side panel
- Slide the side panel backwards and remove it
- Make a note of the wires (a photograph is useful) and remove them
- Remove the cable tie from the capacitor
- Using the phillips screwdriver loosen the capacitor retaining screw
- Remove the capacitor
- Take the new capacitor from its package ensuring its correct for the appliance.
- Fit new capacitor
- Tighten retaining screw
- Refit the wires
- Replace the cable tie
- Relocate the side panel at the bottom and slide forward
- Replace top retaining screw to side panel
- Replace the 4 rear retaining screws to side panel
- Refit the lid
- Give the lid a firm push forwards until it clicks into place.
- Replace the 2 lid retaining screws
See the full range of Tumble Dryer Capacitors here
Disclaimer: The information provided has been prepared as a guide only and the steps taken are likely to vary for different appliance models. We strongly recommend using a qualified engineer to undertake major repairs and fault finding.