How to change the door handle on a dishwasher
- How to change the door handle on a dishwasher
- Safety first remove plug from mains socket.
- Tools required are a Phillips screwdriver
- Using the phillips screwdriver remove the inner screws of the door panel
- Remove the outer screws of the door panel and remove the lower door panel
- Using the phillips screwdriver remove the screws to the upper door panel
- Remove further screws to the upper door panel
- Remove upper door panel
- Release the door handle spring from the upper door panel
- Remove the spring from the handle and put aside.
- Pull the handle firmly on one side to release it from the upper door panel.
- Now remove the handle from its location
- Take the new door handle from its package ensuring its correct for the appliance
- From one side locate the new handle.
- From the other side clip the handle into position.
- Attach the spring to the new handle
- Attach the spring to the upper door panel.
- Replace the upper door panel to the door
- Replace the screws to the upper door panel
- Replace further screws
- Refit the lower door panel and replace the outer screws
- Replace the inner screws to the lower door panel.
See the full range of dishwasher door handles here.
Disclaimer: The information provided has been prepared as a guide only and the steps taken are likely to vary for different appliance models. We strongly recommend using a qualified engineer to undertake major repairs and fault finding.