How to change the door latch/catch on a dishwasher
- How to change the door latch/catch on a dishwasher
- Safety first remove plug from mains socket.
- Tools required are a Phillips screwdriver
- Using the phillips screwdriver remove the inner screws of the door panel
- Remove the outer screws of the door panel and remove the lower door panel
- Using the phillips screwdriver remove the screws to the upper door panel
- Remove further screws to the upper door panel
- Remove upper door panel
- Make a note of the wires (A photograph is useful) and remove them
- Wires removed
- Using the phillips screwdriver remove the retaining screws.
- Remove the latch
- Take the new latch from its package ensuring its correct for the appliance
- Fit the new latch to the door.
- Replace the retaining screws.
- New latch in place.
- Now refit the wires.
- Replace the upper door panel to door
- Replace the screws to the upper door panel
- Replace further screws
- Refit the lower door panel and replace the outer screws
- Replace the inner screws to the lower door panel.
See the full range of dishwasher door latches here
Disclaimer: The information provided has been prepared as a guide only and the steps taken are likely to vary for different appliance models. We strongly recommend using a qualified engineer to undertake major repairs and fault finding.