How to replace a sump hose on a Hoover HNF7138 washing machine
- How to replace a sump hose on a Hoover HNF7138 washing machine
- Safety first remove plug from mains socket
- Tools required are Flat-head screwdriver, mole grips and a 7mm socket.
- Hoover HNF7138
- Using the 7mm socket remove 6 bolts and remove the back panel
- Turn the appliance on to its side protecting with soft cloth to remove the base.
- Using a flat-head screwdriver remove 2 plastic retaining pins.
- Using a 7mm socket remove 2 bolts and metal brace, remove base
- Sump hose in possition
- Using the mole grips release the corbin spring clip
- Remove hose from the pump.
- Gently pull the hose away from the pressure vessel.
- Using the 7mm socket release the wire clip and remove hose from the sump.
- Take the sump hose from its package ensuring its correct for the appliance.
- Using a suitable sealant fit the new hose onto the sump
- Using the 7mm socket tighten the wire clip.
- Replace the hose onto the pressure vessel.
- Using a suitable sealant connect the new hose onto the pump
- Using the mole grips fit the corbin spring clip.
- You are now ready to replace the base panel.
- Replace the base panel securing with 2 plastic pins and brace.
- Using the 7mm socket replace the back panel.
See all hoover washing machine spares
Disclaimer: The information provided has been prepared as a guide only and the steps taken are likely to vary for different appliance models. We strongly recommend using a qualified engineer to undertake major repairs and fault finding.