How to replace a washing machine drum paddle/lifter
- How to replace a washing machine drum paddle/lifter
- Safety first remove plug from mains socket.
- Tools required are a Phillips screwdriver and a small flat head screwdriver.
- Showing drum paddle with several holes on the top
- On this model choose the 6th hole back & insert the phillips screwdriver.
- Press down a hidden metal tab but not to firmly.
- Pull the drum paddle towards you.
- remove the drum paddle
- Using a flat head screwdriver and lift the metal tab previously pushed down
- Make sure the metal tab is just above the surface of the drum
- Tab just above drum surface
- Take the new drum paddle from its package ensuring its correct for the appliance
- Locate the new drum paddle into the drum.
- Now push the drum paddle back until it clicks into place.
- Drum paddle in place & appliance ready for use.
See the full range of washing machine drum paddles here
Disclaimer: The information provided has been prepared as a guide only and the steps taken are likely to vary for different appliance models. We strongly recommend using a qualified engineer to undertake major repairs and fault finding.